Procedural Rights in Light of the European Arrest Warrant and Detention
This seminar will take a detailed look at procedural rights in the context of the European Arrest Warrant as well as pre- and post-trial detention.
- Evaluation of the EAW over the past 15 years, its interpretation by the CJEU and its application today
- Enforcement of foreign criminal sentences: the EU Directives for pre-trial detention, custodial sentences, supervision of probation measures and alternative sanctions
- Update on the state of play regarding the EU Directives on procedural rights, i.e. the right to information, legal aid and access to a lawyer, presumption of innocence and the position of children in criminal proceedings
- Practical experiences with the application of the Directives from different Member States
- The need for further measures in the EU
- Further information and application form