Annual Conference on European Asylum and Migration Law 2020
The aim of this conference is to provide legal practitioners with an update on the reform of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS), the efforts undertaken to harmonise standards in EU asylum policy, as well as challenges in the management of asylum and migration policy in times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Recent develop-ments in the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights will also be addressed.
- Reform of the Common European Asylum System
- Priorities of the German EU presidency
- The impact of COVID-19 on asylum and reception systems in the EU+ Member States
- Challenges in policy management
- The European Courts’ contribution to shaping the CEAS
- Cooperation with third countries in the light of COVID-19
Who should attend?
Staff of government bodies and national asylum authorities, asylum lawyers and judges in national courts, NGOs, EU civil servants.